Following a significant investment in people and infrastructure over the last three years, Silverfish UK continues to expand rapidly, and in 2014 celebrated 15 years of premium distribution to the UK cycle trade.
We are a family owned South West based business with a team ethos, and we believe in supporting our employees and our local community. Everyone who works with us is crucial to our success and plays a vital role in helping us achieve our ambitions. Our progressive culture and drive to succeed mean we are able to offer varied and rewarding careers throughout Silverfish. We empower our team, invest in individuals and reward achievement. We also offer very competitive remuneration packages including company bonus, pension scheme and staff discounts. Silverfish is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply please email a full CV (detailing current salary/package) and a covering note outlining your reasons for interest and suitability to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com
If there are no current vacancies please feel free to apply speculatively - we are always happy to hear from enthusiastic, highly motivated, flexible and customer-focused individuals.
South East Territory Sales Manager
This role is critical to the Silverfish business and will be responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through to close in an assigned territory. Success will be measured based upon the delivery of the Silverfish Sales and Marketing plan. This role will involve managing customer relationships and ensuring all of our dealers receive the level of customer service synonymous with Silverfish. The role will be responsible for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long term account goals in line with Silverfish’s vision and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the South East territory to generate new business.
- Demonstrating technical selling skills and product knowledge that allows the Sales Representative to give effective presentation of the product range of Silverfish UK Ltd.
- Making telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Researching sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Developing clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expediting the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinating sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting and logistics.
- Analysing the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers.
- Planning and organising a personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the South East territory.
- Work in partnership with Internal Sales colleagues to grow and support accounts.
- Supplying management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeping up to date with products in the market and their application, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of relevant literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Maintaining accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the South East territory, including the use of Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensuring that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participating in trade shows and events.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
- Maintain contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all internal employees.
- A minimum of 4 years of sales experience ideally within the cycling industry or must be able to demonstrate significant bike knowledge.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of customer relationship management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel and work.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary, commission and bonus scheme.
- Company van, laptop, tablet and phone provided.